[#LOTD Make] Día de Muertos - Day of the Dead Makeup

 photo dayofthedead3.jpg
Inspired by Michelle Phan's La Bella Muert, The Beautiful Dead video (based on a Mexico festival) I came up with my very own version Día de Muertos aka Day of the Dead look.

Even though my knowledge of this festival as good as a blank piece of paper I'm awed and fascinated by the beautiful paintings of these sugar skulls and the mysterious and rich colours the Mexicans use to honour the dead. These vibrant elements made me want to give this look a go...and guess what? I had so much fun painting my face white and creating that ombre pale purple lips I almost lost track of time.  
 photo dayofthedead2.jpg

Even though Marigold is the key flower to this festival, I felt a need to improvise. Fumbling through my stash and finally picked out an asian native flower, the 'Paeonia' aka Peony I used it as a head wreath to give a softer approach to this look.
Plus the vibrancy of the flowers also helps to give life to this ghastly appearance. 
 photo dayofthedead.jpg

I've used a combination of face paint (Kryolan), eyeshadows (Random Brand) and bright eyeliner (6th Element from Lime Crime) , not forgetting blue contacts to add on to the mysterious feel. 
 photo DSC00217.jpg
Hope you like my Day of the Dead Makeup :)

♥Dblchin

No comments: