[Travel] Guangzhou China Part 2/2 (Plus my Haul)

Photobucket
Finally, my 2nd Guangzhou blogpost is out! Fresh frm the oven.
This time we covered more Guangzhou (other than Jjianmen in my previous post ) itself and is all about fun fun fun (No work yay)!

Incase you are wonder what this is, is a sim card we applied at the airport but it does no good for me, I can't access Facebook, blogger nor Twitter (fyi is banned in china) and thus making it harder for me to update my whereabouts. The only source of connecting to the internet world is Instagram, so without a bat of an eyelid, I link it up my to Facebook and Twitter whenever I instagramed.
 photo chinaphonenimber.jpg

One of my instagram pics
Photobucket

We resided at BauHinia hotel during our time in Guangzhou, it was 10 mins walk from the heart of fashion wholesalers and street shopping.
Photobucket

One of my outfits of the day. Seriously, this is no fashion show, I changed from leggings to tights to jeggings. The weather decides to dropped drastically, sending no warning to anyone so I had to keep myself warm just in case.
Glad I brought my favourite Cecil Mcbee trench along, it kept me looking like I'm on the runway with warmth and comfort, not forgetting the drama I created just by walking down the streets with Purple and Red.
Photobucket


On our way to breakfast when I saw this sign.
I was duped into having this "桂林 Gui lin" Noodle by my husband. He squealed in delight when he first saw one of the Gui Lin Noodle stalls at Jiangmen and swore by it that this is the best noodle he ever tasted and so we order 2 big bowls. When I took my first bite, the first message my tastebud sent to me was ->toxic, it smells like chemicals and tasted like plastic. I was almost on the verge of choking. Since then, no more Gui Lin for me.
Photobucket
One of the Gui Lin's stalls in Guangzhou, not the one I had In Jiangmen but it smells equally artificial.
Judging from the plenty of yawns, I assumed is poor business.

Instead we headed to the next stall which is brisking with customers for breakfast delights: Dim sum.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We had century egg porridge and prawn chee cheong fun just for survival, indulgence comes later noon.
Photobucket
So orgasmic my hubs is in trance.
Photobucket

While we are having our breakfast, this boy not older than 5 suddenly walked out of the stall and run towards the busy road, Yes! Roads where the cars' drives by! Everyone in the stall were in shocked because it happened so quick just like in the movies, he ran out and made a quick turn to smile at our direction as it was child's play to him at the same time backening further to the drivelanes. Luckily at the point of time the dad already rushed to chase and pick him up before the oncoming cars head for their direction. The father and son then disappeared amidst the crowd thereafter.
Whew, what a close shave.
Photobucket

Open Concept dental Clinic while doing our 'stroll and explore'.
Photobucket

Boots Galore to brace the winter, is only going to get colder as the days pass.
Photobucket

Someone once told me I was insignificant and small, I guess she missed out the word 'mighty'
Photobucket

Guangzhou, is a heartland for wholesalers thus you'll see containers of fashion goods unloading at the open bays distributed to different shops.
Photobucket

Lights shopping, hubs did a little work here, he was on the hunt for his client and he needed lights.
so we spent a deal of time in this shop, my perfect excuse on the equal fraction of cny lightings and camho shots.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Gift wholesaler, stuff toys
Photobucket

Photobucket

Grown man and his own version of Ted. Less vulguar looking I have to say.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Welcoming the snake year, now that I think of it I regretted not getting one of these. It could be an awesome deco for my house!
Photobucket

What you are going to see here is a man in his thirties trying to look like a celebrity.
Photobucket

I felt like I'm obliged to add in some photos of the actual celebrity for referencing.
    Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


There's more.
Photobucket

Under that X'mas tree, see my transformation to from leggings to Tights.
Photobucket

Cute kids, lookout for the pink arrow.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Smelly Tofu which we will be having later.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Novelties we found in one of the shops in Guangzhou.
Scroll down for funnier ones, R21 only.
Photobucket

Photobucket

iCarpet. The land of imitation.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Our currency is now converted into a wallet.
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket

Bought 2 bag to giveaway to our relatives and a friend.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Stall owners' kids.
Photobucket

Cutie in the hands of her father.
Photobucket

Bad English.
Photobucket

World's best Chinese Pancake, I love anything that contains “韭菜jiu cai"
Photobucket

The making of smelly Tofu.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I'm not a tofu fan so, is all yours Donnie!
Photobucket

No falsies here, just my Real Lash with coats and coats of Mascara and bases and a good lash curler(I'm using Shiseido). Incase you need to know is Kate Mascara Base (My review here) and Maybelline Long Extreme Stiletto.
Photobucket

Later in the night we cabbed to this place pretty similar to Bugis street but even better.
Photobucket

Photobucket

The Place is near to "长寿街 chang shou jie"
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Street food, I gotta say they tasted heavenly!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The weather was freezing cold (12 degrees I think) We were struggling to munch these sizzling street food with strong chilly wind whizzing past our cheeks.
Photobucket

Photobucket

More street stuff
Photobucket

Photobucket

Fruits, we tried their guava and we love it. I like mine with a little towards the soggy side and hubs like it crunchy,
Photobucket

Pretty Winter Coats deemed unsuitable for Singapore weather.
Photobucket

I wanted to take a pic of this girl without her permission but she siam very fast and managed to hide herself behind the poster.
Photobucket

Photobucket

a lifetime supply of Pi Pa Gao
Photobucket
I remember when I was younger I used to fake cough so I could satisfy my addiction towards Pi pa gao.

Man in Cock.
Photobucket

Photobucket

This bit got a little crazy, coz hubs couldn't stop irritating me. He hit the shutter so many times I got really frustrated and hence the last pic of me in attempt to shun away from the 'paparazzi'
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The night market was our last station and is time to head back home. I was struggling between the fact that I'm looking forward fly home yet dreading the weather in our urban city,
Photobucket

one last picture of ourselves at the china airport. 白云机场Bai Yun Airport.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Fyi do not try their Beef Noodle, is not as good as it looks.
Photobucket
Photobucket

We boarded the plan around 12ish midnight, a 6 hour journey back to homeland so I took the chance for a long nap. When I finally opened my eyes after lengths of struggling to open them because I was max out tired, I saw the most beautiful sight of Singapore, the rising horizon just moments before the plane lands. It was incredible and something I never imagine the skies to be. Please look past my hover (due the glass barrier) to experience the breath taking view yourself. Photobucket


Well, that pretty much sums up my Journey to China and now, my buys:

Made from Microfibers, this cute animated cloths could be used as hand towels or any multi purpose wipes you can think of. They are great at picking up dust.
Singapore is selling these at 'Japan Home' but I figured since is much cheaper in china if I buy them in bulk, I might as well get a few to standby at home.
Photobucket

Socks and stockings.
Photobucket
Diamante stockings, the packaging looks exactly like the ones they sold in Japan.

My lash galore. $4-8 sgd each.
Photobucket

Lets check out my favourite picks:
I'll try to name them as close to the packaging as possible in case you are trying to look for the exact ones, comes in 10 pairs each box.

Yi Zhi Mei (交叉9 Jiao cha No.9)
Very DollyWink inspired Falsies.
Photobucket


Taiwan Lash #219
Photobucket


Taiwan Lash PX-8
Photobucket


Taiwan Lash #C-17 (Bottom Falsies)
Photobucket

Higher-End Falsies starts here:
Yours Eyelashes 002
my favourite design of the lot, lash bone is very bendable and accommodating to the shape of my eye and they blend really well with my real lash. See my Harajucute post here.
Photobucket

Yours Eyelashes Y02
Photobucket

Yours EyelashesH05
This is my least favourite, the 2nd half looks chunky, wrong decisions.
Photobucket

We bought stationery books, gift bags just in time for christmas!
Photobucket

Nail Foils, in various designs. Cost around $2 sgd each.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Nail clippers, grooming stuff and pouches. Most for them are for my friends.
Photobucket

Jewelery Picks, $8-10 sgd each. The prices are comparable to Singapore market but the designs here are really pretty!
Photobucket

New hair tong (top gold) VS my current tong (bottom grey). I stupidly bought the same size.wtf. cost around $20 sgd maybe?! can't really remember but my current set cost around $120 despite its ceramic outlook, it still cost way expensive than the one i bought in China.
Photobucket

Hair Clips and my fur ball legs.
Photobucket

The cheapest item cost around $1.20 and the pricy one cost around $2.10
Not the cheapest but the decent quality for its price. 
Photobucket

Photobucket

booties to standby for friends and family of newborns.
Photobucket

Alexander McQueen inspired Silver Skull Brass Knuckle clutch.
Photobucket
My suede clutch is good for cny.

Photobucket

Besides clasping through the knuckle, it comes with a chain for shoulder sling.
Photobucket

Boxers from my brother and dad. My dad decided to give a pass because boxers maybe seems a little too....insecure for him, I heard he is still sticking to his good old trusty ah pek briefs.
Photobucket

Phone cases.
Photobucket

My Diamante case, $12 sgd.
These iPhone cases are especially thick because they needed room to contain the crystals and I keep getting questions about it. Currently using the pink one now, I'm gg to switch to the dog diamante for chinese new year. woots! But first I need to know where I kept it.*search frantically*
Photobucket

My shoe collection and check out my poor dog photobombing in his E-collar.
Photobucket
To be honest, there is not much to choose from except boots during winter time. My picks are mostly from the prime selection where only 1 pathetic pair left on the rack or shoes discounted section jumbled up in carton boxes.
Studded boots in Biege, I loving the 'high' and mighty look without the need of looking gothic.
Photobucket

Black velvety pumps applicable only for short walks, damn this is killing my feet. I remember this pair was going for 19RMB  ($4 sgd) and I knew I had to get it.
Photobucket

One of the wrong decisions I made, tacky fur and rusty brass buckles. But I'm sure I could make it work.
Photobucket


Photobucket

This is the only decent pair of open toe heels I could find in one of the shoe shops, u cannot imagine how exhilarated I was, on the verge of happy tears.
Photobucket

This pair was bought from a wholesaler, it took the sales assistant 30 mins to get my size and it doesn't fit really well. If you are not looking to purchase in bulk, try not to enter a wholesaling shop.
Photobucket

Just like the shoes, every shop was clustered with furcoats and thick fabric unsuitable for Singaporean weather, you wouldn't want to get them unless you are a bit ki siao.
These are my only buys and my biggest regret are the shorts, the material is freaking thick and warm. I look as if I'm wearing diapers. waolao.
Photobucket

The only dress I got LOL! I'm glad for karen and Regina's pass downs.
Photobucket

Hope you enjoy my GZ blogpost and hope to travel really soon!
Photobucket

Krabi here I come!

♥Dblchin
  Please Thumbs up for my page :D

No comments: